Fancy, Sleek and Stylish JQuery Popup With ColorBox
For quite a few days I was searching for something that gives me the ability to
- open a link (outside webpage) in a popup window
- Open HTML controls in popup
- Can show images in the popup
- Can show images as a slideshow in a popup
- Can show inline HTML in a popup
- Should be sexy, not like the old school HTML popup window
After quite a lot of research and comparisons, I came across ColorBox. It perfectly suits my requirements. Okay lets stop talking and start coding 🙂
You can download the project source code from here but read the following steps for making yourself familiar with the code.
- Go to colorbox webiste http://colorpowered.com/colorbox/
- Get yourself a little familiar with this beauty by trying a few examples over here
- The example code contains an HTML file with a single link (<a> tag) in it. When that link is clicked, www.google.com opens in the popup window.
- That’s it. Open the html file in a browser and click on the link “Outside Webpage (Iframe)” and a popup appears similar to the following image